Planting an apple tree in spring - secrets of a plentiful harvest
How pleasant it is to sit in the garden or at the cottage in the shade of a sprawling tree, especially if it is an apple tree!
You can enjoy juicy, tasty fruits, which are very good for health, and relax after a pleasant "summer" work.
However, for this picture to become a reality, you need to know how to plant a beautiful apple tree on the site. From the correct planting will depend on whether the apple tree will take root, whether it will give a good harvest of apples, whether apples will be tasty and healthy.
When to plant and how to choose a seedling of an apple tree?
The second half of April is the best time to plant an apple seedling. The ideal soil for the apple tree is loamy. If your site has clay soil, you need to add sand to it, and if sandy, peat.
For planting, it is best to choose a two-year-old seedling with a conductor (extension of the trunk) and a height of 60-70 cm. It should have at least three shoots about 50 cm long. However, annual seedlings take root only if they are sufficiently developed. The root system should have three branches with a length of 30-35 cm and more. And for the successful development of the crown, you need to be able to correctly prune the apple tree.
A plentiful harvest of apples depends on the proper planting of the seedling and responsible care for it.
How to create a pit for planting an apple tree?
1) Dig a hole 5-10 days before planting.
2) The diameter of the pit is 90-100 cm, and the depth of the pit is at least 80 cm.
3) Digging a hole, the upper fertile soil layer (about 30 cm) is laid aside for future use.
4) The very bottom of the pit is loosened with a pitchfork about a bayonet deep, and then the bottom is filled up with soil previously extracted from the upper fertile layer.
5) Now you need to make fertilizers in the soil: the only effective means for guaranteed survival of an apple seedling after planting is a humic soil improver from Leonardite. Humic acids are not washed out of the soil and provide long-term support to the seedling in the form of a supply of nutrients. The soil conditioner is added to the bottom of the planting pit at the rate of 0.3 kg / m2, then 1-2% is added to the soil to fill the pit.
6) They fill the hole completely with soil with a mound of 15-20 cm high so that the seedling does not sit out in the winter.
How to plant a seedling of an apple tree?
A support is placed in the center of the knoll, a peg is driven in firmly, and then a seedling of an apple tree is planted, carefully spreading its roots, filling them with fertile soil and ramming it.
Tie the seedling to the support.
The final procedure is abundant watering of the seedling. This will take about 3-4 ten-liter buckets of water. Watering is necessary while the earth calmly absorbs water. The next watering will need to be done in a week.
Now is the time to introduce effective organomineral fertilizer specifically for the fruit tree. It is called "Biohumus for fruits and berries." Biohumus is a real, natural preparation from a natural mineral - Leonardite with a high content of humic acids, which is designed specifically for ecological farming.
Norms of biohumus application:
- Root treatment: 3-4 liters per 1 m2 from the moment the first leaves appear and then every 2 weeks;
- Sheet processing: from the beginning of growth every 10 days.
When planting several apple trees, observe the distance between them at least 4 meters, so that all the seedlings have enough space and nutrition.
Now you need to take care of the apple every season, so that after 2-3 years it begins to bloom and give a crop.
About 40 years you can enjoy its wonderful flowering and delicious apples!